Saturday, May 22, 2010

RING RING!

Isn't it weird when people have "regular phone" ringtones on their cell phones? I honestly get really tripped out when I am walking around the mall and all the sudden it sounds like my parent's land line is ringing. How confusing is that when these people are at home and someone calls, how do they differentiate between which phone it is? I am definitely slower than that average smart person when it comes to these things, and if this was a problem I had to face on a regular basis you would see me standing between the two phones with my eyes moving back and forth like a koo koo clock. That's right, I would be perplexed, undoubtedly every time. The other thing that gets me is how it always has to be the most ancient regular phone sound. It seriously sounds like that candlestick phone that my grandparents have in their house. You know the one where you have to hold one piece to your ear and talk into the other. There is nothing like hearing that crazy ring and turning to see some guy answer his iphone. Always cracks me up....and maybe that was his intention.

I think ringtones say a lot about a person. In a world where we are practically inseparable and dependent upon our phones, ringtones are open ground for making judgements about people. I know this, because like all of you I am guilty of judging based on ringtones. Maybe judging has too negative a connotation, but you know when you get to experience a person's ringtone for the first time, it makes you think. Why that song? or Really?? This is precisely why I spent days trying to find the perfect one. That and the fact that I know I am too lazy to change it all the time, so I had to come up with something that I wouldn't get sick of. And it was worth it, because I found the perfect ringtone.. It is everything I could have ever asked for. And more.


"Tootsie Roll" by the 69 Boyz. First of all this song brings back nothing but fond memories of elementary school. I had older brothers, who were into the whole rap/ r&b thing, so obviously my taste was advanced for my age, I don't really like to brag about it. Second of all it is a jaaaaaam! I love this song, and I do a mean tootsie roll. (for a completely uncoordinated, rhythm less white girl). Every time my phone rings I like to do a little dance, because the song is so good! How could you resist? But what I love most about this ringtone is people never expect it from me. They hear my phone ringing and turn around, definitely not expecting to find an awkward bright color wearing white girl. I like that look of surprise people give me, it makes me smile. I feel like I am earning extra cool points; "Alright Lauren, you're kind of weird, but legit ringtone, we'll hire you!" haha A girl can hope!! So my advice to all of you is to take some time, come up with a good ringtone, and give the people around you something to think about...

No comments:

Post a Comment