Friday, January 22, 2010

hive five!

so here is a funny diddy. when i was in vegas for the weekend, i completely broke out in hives. which has never happened to me before. i was enjoying a lovely breakfast buffet at the bellagio when the instance occurred. i decided to stop off by the bathroom, before we went on a shopping excursion, when i noticed that my entire chest was covered in giant red splotches. i went back to the table to show my friends, when they proclaimed that my face was turning red. at first i figured no big deal, i must be flushed, because i am kind of nervous. but what they really meant, was turning red, like violet in willy wonka's chocolate factory turned purple. BRIGHT RED! i caught a glimpse of myself in a reflective panel and all the sudden it became very clear why everyone was staring at me. i looked like i had just sat in the sun for three days. the weird thing was, it was only my hands, my chest and my face, and everything i ate, i had eaten before, so it was quite perplexing on how this could hAVE happenED. ah hah! this cheap necklace i have on must be the culprit. that's what i get for trying to do beauty on a budget. thanks for that slam.

anyway, only could i, who was making a very conscious effort to look good and put together every day, and who was being very successful at it, break out in hives and ruin that outfit with her oompa loompa face. and on top of that, i had to buy outrageously priced 18 dollars worth of benadryll and cortizone. and the only lesson learned is, maybe, just maybe, looking cute isn't always worth it...

despite my run in with hives, i still had the most epic weekend ever. that's how good my trip to vegas was. now back to the daily grind. sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment