Friday, January 8, 2010

Ode to the Self Checkout

i am a very independent person, and i very stubbornly so like to do things on my own. i hate having to depend on people to get things done, and i hate having to ask for help. despite my lack of plumbing knowledge i would love to take my garbage disposal apart myself before calling a professional in. now i know that this is a bad idea, but i still can't help feeling that urge. just like the many other times, i've moved furniture alone, instead of waiting for help, or thrown out my back lifting heavy boxes i shouldn't have. i just know that i am more efficient than the average person, so if i do it myself, it will get done, and done well. (that's what he said!) this most obviously applies to buying my groceries as well.

enter greatest invention ever: The Self Checkout.



seriously sit down for a minute and think about it: how awesome are these things? not only do they make real every childhood game of market you played, but they also provide a way for you to control the efficiency of ringing up and bagging your items. and if that is not enough, they provide a lovely shopping experience with the least amount of social interaction possible. the cherry on top for a crazy socially awkward person like me! i admit, occasionally these checkouts can be flawed, but not having to make uncomfortable conversation with the 12 year old ringing me up is absolutely worth it. i love stores with self checkouts, and sometimes i even go out of my way to go to stores that have them. i just know i'm guaranteed a good time when there is the possibility of a self checkout involved!

No comments:

Post a Comment