Monday, January 11, 2010

Vacation All I Ever Wanted...

so i am going on a little vacation. (and by vacation, i mean going back to LA for a week or so). anyway, whilst i was putting all my stuff together i came to a rather shocking conclusion: i may be the worst packer in the world. and here is why:

1. I Like to Pack Sporadically Over a Few Days.
Pro: allows me to do other things at the same time, and also breaks up the tedious task into more enjoyable spurts. it also allows me to get excited for the "vacation" three days earlier, since i am officially in the packing time period.

Con: i never remember what i packed the days earlier. by the time i get around to the third day, i'm frantically throwing in t-shirts because i have a slight inkling that i packed an awful lot of shorts the day before. which leads to my next problem:

2. Over Packing.
Pro: i have lots of clothes to chose from, which is especially helpful because i am so indecisive. how am i supposed to know exactly what mood i am going to be in each day? so now i have options and i can pick my outfits according to how i feel.

Con
: the fact that i have an entire carry-on sized rolling suitcase dedicated solely to the shoes i am bringing home for the week probably says it best.

3. Disorganization
Pro: it was easy just throwing everything into the suitcase.

Con: i'm sure everything i want to wear on the first day is at the bottom of the suitcase, therefore causing a bomb to go off in the over packed case, which most likely will not get better and only worse over the course of the vacation. sometimes its difficult to find things when you're digging through an explosive mess of clothing. obviously my excessive laziness has prohibited me from learning from this mistake.

4. Oh Yeah....I Forgot...
Pro: forgetting things allows me to... challenge my creativeness.... and make outfits work with what i have??? yeah right, this is all con...

Con: no matter what, i always forget something. and it's always like the core of every outfit idea i have. like my favorite boots, or black belt. or something really important like a toothbrush or spanx. i'll usually remember this item when i am halfway through the journey down, and then i'll literally kick myself.

With the combination of these four problems, I'll end up in LA tomorrow, sitting in my room, exclaiming: "What the EFF did I pack?!" was that sequined mini skirt really a necessity? or that button up shirt I have never worn? yeah, both must of been packed on optimistic day one. thank god i used day two to throw in some practical jeans and sweaters. then i'll throw on one of those day three frantic tshirts, only to find that i didn't in fact over pack shorts the day before....

No comments:

Post a Comment