Thursday, March 19, 2009

Reasons Why Group Projects SUCK:

1. It is virtually impossible or organize a convenient time to meet (outside of class) when you are working with multiple school and work and life schedules. "well looks like 3am it is!"

2. No matter what, one person always ends up doing most of the work: whether it's you because you're anal compulsive, or your partner because you're being lazy...either way it sucks balls.

3. Due to lack of meeting time, there is always some sort of scramble at the last minute to throw it all together, causing unneeded stress and anxiety to the group.

4. Sometimes you just fucking hate your group members: newsflash! they are probably lame.

5. There is always some struggle with difference of opinion: two hours into the meeting you realize you're fighting over whether to use glitter glue or paint pens, and that's a serious disagreement.

6. They're expensive: i don't know if it's because teachers think that since you are in a group it must magically mean everything is cheaper. lies. especially if you opted for those glitter glues.

7. It always seems they are due in the middle of midterms and finals: teachers seem to be under the impression that group work is not nearly as hard as writing papers and taking exams. so you'll have no problem doing both, right? oh yeah no worries, looks like i have some time between 12am-6am that i have been wasting sleeping...

8. You get to meet new people: yes, but that doesn't mean that it's improving my life. if anything it just feeds into my anger management issues. why is bob such an idiot? no, but seriously...

9. Sometimes you get grouped with people who do not share the same ideals on communication as you: wait, so there are people in the world who don't check their email compulsively twenty times a day? well how am i supposed to get a hold of you?

10. Despite what they say, I do not feel better equipped for the real world: if i was assigned a group project at work, everyone would be into it, because it would be their JOB. they would be getting paid for it.

Well there's a thought....i should be getting paid to do group work. Well in that case...s-i-g-n me u-p!

8 comments:

  1. I'm working on a group project now and googled "group projects suck" and got about a billion hits. Haha! I love that BS---"in the real world you have to work in groups..." I told my professor, "In the real world, I won't choose to do research with people who can't spell." What blows is that this stupidity is present even at the graduate school level. I just can't escape it. Thanks for your list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell me about it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Problem 9 is my present problem with my current group. and then the other 3 are all being so cliquey and bitchy. I just want to be done. I have another group project that I am working on and we're doing great...Maybe its because we are dancing and doing songs and music for fun but so sick of it. It's a boring project and I just want to be done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its Midnight...my group is presenting tomorrow for our business final. I've done most of the work I just need two teeny weeny paragraphs from my other group members...They were supposed to get it to me this morning. Here I wait... compulsively checking my email and calling them periodically. I would have rather taken a freaking final.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They should carry a Government Mental Health warning... Other members sometimes have the following traits: absentee - invisible member; disinterested, lazy do nothings; analytic paralytic; argue irrelevant exceptions by blindly assuming people's comment is in absolute context-- well I always sometimes think these people can stick their absolute exception-ism where the sun doesn't shine...

    ReplyDelete
  6. As an architecture student ,we have to do hell a lot of group projects.I end up crying everytime there is a group project. Currently we have to do a material review. My role in this project is to look up for everything and make documents out of it with all the required comments and drawings send it to the other 4 members, so that they can print it and submit.��
    At

    ReplyDelete
  7. currently working on a film project and the "director" is exhibiting #8 on this fair list. The worst part is that he's so stubborn and stupid to see that he's an idiot! He tries to control the entire group and let me tell you...We went along with his idea because he forced it on us by saying, "No i think my idea would be wayyy easier" NO YOURE IDEA SUCKS LEAVE. but of course i'm too much of a people pleaser and went along with it. I'm the writer and now I'm basically fucked. He's trying to run the whole show and even dismisses my ideas! His ideas are downright AWFUL and the teacher and class tries to tell him in a nice way but the idiot still doesn't get it. My group members (by them I mean just one) believes me and is on my side when it comes to this stupid control freak while the other two one being sick is basically gone and the other likes to pretend he's bella from twilight and "Neutral" he apparently "Doesn't pick sides" and i've basically just cracked. I'm nice until you start fucking me up.

    ReplyDelete