Thursday, August 5, 2010

Helloooo Southern US! We are arriving!

In October, my freshman year formal date, lake walking buddy, and former college roomie Beth is getting married. (The first of all our college friends!) In Arkansas! My pal and fellow LA dweller, Kimi, and I thought what a great excuse not only to see old friends, but to also take a trip to somewhere in the U.S that we have never been. I have done a lot of traveling across the seas, but I definitely want to see more of the United States. We figured since we are going to be out there anyway, maybe there are some different cities and states we could tack on to the trip, turning it into a wild raging adventure. After minimal research we found that low and behold New Orleans is only 600 miles-ish from where the wedding is! Perfection.





We have been discussing the possibility of a road trip from Louisiana to Arkansas for a few months now, and I was always skeptical about it really happening. I always knew we'd make it to the wedding, but I wasn't sure if we would get ourselves together quick enough to organize the rest of the week long trip. Well yesterday we decided to make it happen and officially booked our plane tickets. So watch out land of deep fried everything! The glu-tards are coming for you!

We both couldn't be more excited. Not only have we not seen Beth in what will probably be a year or so (wow, really? Is that true....fact checker please!) but I have never been to most of the places we plan to head on this adventure. So far nothing is really set, all we know is that we're landing in New Orleans on October 4th, renting a car, and then flying out of Tulsa on October 10th. The middle part is still up in the air. (well actually on land, since that's the part of the venture we'll be road tripping) Obviously there is still a lot of work to be done, and any advice or suggestions are greatly welcomed!!

According to our AAA trip tick we are going to be driving through Jackson, Memphis, and Little Rock, with the possibility in staying overnight in any of those cities, so please help us out with any suggestions of places that need to be stayed in or things that need to be seen!

This is my first real big trip without adult supervision. Haha. Well, other than Kimi and I supervising ourselves. I guess I unfortunately have to admit that I'm at least a little bit adult nowadays. It's sure to be an extraordinary journey, and I cannot wait to finish it off with seeing one of my favorite people beautifully glide down the aisle. (And I mean beautifully, so I hope you're practicing that saunter Beth!)

And seriously people don't hold back on the suggestions...we're gonna need them. I don't want to risk missing the biggest ball of twine or something! That would be an EPIC fail in Kodak opportunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment