Sunday, November 7, 2010

November Schmovember

November Night with the Girls
It's November! First of all, where the hell did time go? I literally have finals in a month, and then I will officially be done with my first semester of grad school. Only three to go after that! Guess I better get on that thesis topic. But don't worry, I have some ideas I am pretty excited about, and I will undoubtedly become one of those obnoxious people who can't stop talking about their thesis. So get excited friends. Other than finals prep, November means a lot of things for me:

The beginning of the Holiday season!! Woo hoo. I absolutely love this time of year; pumpkin flavored everything, hot chocolate, ice skating, hats, boots, insane amounts of Welden baking, and just good ole quality time with the family. Not to mention Thanksgiving food! My favorite, and this year I have to eat double time, because last year I was a vegetarian, so I missed out on all the turkey and ham. I assume I'll probably eat myself into a turkey coma, but don't worry I'll make sure I get in my fair share of candied yams before I pass out. Can't wait! Then Hanukkah and Christmas; hello latkes and lots of delicious desserts. I'm really into food, in case you couldn't tell. And then January, which means a New Year, but most
importantly....VEGAS!
Last year's amazing Vegas Adventure

Although I couldn't be more excited for the Holidays, November also means the end of my social life as we know it. I am about to enter into a retail black hole and I won't be resurfacing until January 1st. That is if I don't get rampaged by some crazed, money saving, stroller pushing, raging mother trying to swoop up all the best deals for all her Holiday shopping. When working in such a dangerous industry as retail, this occurrence is a very plausible possibility. But what this means for you guys, my loyal followers, is lots of stories about shopping psychos. This will include, but not be limited to, a crazy shift on Black Friday, starting at 3am, and the glorious 36 hours that my store has decided to stay open for some non stop last minute Christmas shopping. Hilarity and stupidity are sure to ensue.

Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum
In other news, my Halloween was pretty rocking. I once again succeeded in making some pretty sweet costumes, and my friends and I proceeded to relive our college years by picking the fratty-est bar to celebrate in. I guess you can take the girl out of the sorority, but not the sorority out of the girl. It was a top night if you ask me, and we even got to see someone get tazed in the end. The cherry on top of a fantastic evening. I love a night out that concludes in a good moral lesson; don't resist arrest and you'll probably avoid getting tazed. As for actual Halloween I got to work a nine hour shift and then come home and hang out with my family. I think once again this picture will provide you more insight into how I became the lovely person I am today.

Welden Family Halloween 2010


Yep, that's us. In dog masks. Playing poker on the front porch. And handing out candy. A lot of people got a good kick out of it, so I'll admit it was a witty idea of my fathers. Things I learned from that evening: I'm always in when it comes to poker. Especially when I haven't seen the flop yet. And I am always down for a good $600 bet, even when I have absolutely nothing. Despite my arguments, "almost a straight" and "almost a flush" mean nothing when it comes to Poker with the fam. I find this to be ridiculous.

For those of you who enjoy shopping at any Old Navy, Gap or Banana Republic, it's friends and family weekend starting on the 11th. Here's a coupon for 30% off all the stores. Use it and reuse it and enjoy! 5% of all the purchases go to my charity Feed America! Cute clothes and a mitzvah at the same time. Could you ask for more! 

Give and Get is Here!: "Enjoy 30% off from November 11-14 at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy plus we'll make a 5% donation to a non-profit."

No comments:

Post a Comment