Monday, January 25, 2010

Lauren you're and Idiot! *swoon*

smart ass guys are my krytopnite.

there are few things i love more than a wise cracking guy who thinks he is smarter than me. that combination of sarcasm, wit, and making fun of me is a charm i cannot resist. this most likely stems from the fact that i consider sarcasm and intelligence to be one in the same. if you can't understand sarcasm, or at least have a sense of humor about it, then you're probably an idiot. it doesn't matter what your test scores or like, what kind of grades you get, or the amount of motivation you have, if you can't take a moment to stop and laugh at yourself or someone else, then you're really missing out. that's why lazy smart-asses all get gold stars in my book!

i grew up getting made fun of by my entire family, not the "spend thousands of dollars to rehash my childhood in adult therapy" kind, but being made fun of in the good kind of way. i have said and done some really airhead kind of things, so i deserved any of the ragging that followed, and i would have been disappointed if anyone had passed up such a blatant opportunity to laugh. but it definitely taught me to hold my own. it's a free for all in my family, and while a lot of times we are laughing at me, you better watch your back, because the next time that one ridiculous sentence comes out of your mouth, it's on.

so i guess instead of daddy issues, i have "jesting issues." all i know is that when some guy tries to be cocky by talking to me like i don't understand what he is saying, i practically melt. i see his challenge, and i'm ready to fight back. it's my way of knowing that he can keep up with me. but just to clarify, this is all in good fun, so if he turns out to be a real life d-bag, he's out the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment