Wednesday, March 24, 2010

March Madness

Now before all your sports fanatics start salivating in excitement, unfortunately this post will have nothing to do with the ever so popular bracketology. While I have never really been into college basketball and those crazy brackets that come along with it, even if I wanted to, I never would have had time this month. Hence the serious lack of bloggage. My March has been ABSOLUTE madness!

School and work have consumed me. Somehow I have been working 35 hour weeks along with sewing tons of garments, reading books, and writing papers. Every once in a while I throw in some sleep, food, and the occasional catching up with people via any means of communication possible. I feel absolutely burned out, but there is no time for rest.

In April I will be making my first fashion show debut, creating a line with seven looks that all have to be impeccable as they travel down the runway. I am so nervous, and it's time to crack down. I'll be heading home for a week or so, and you better bet I am putting my family to work. I'll basically be running a slave like sweatshop out of my parents house, so if you don't want to be sucked in, I'm warning you now to stay away. But I can't promise you won't get recruited anyway. Have two hands? Looks like you'll be cutting!

I have spent the past couple of weeks finishing up my individual garment for the show, made completely out of "industrial" objects. Basically anything non fabric. I chose balloons and duct tape. My sewing machine did not much agree with this combination, leaving me frantically piecing it all together last night. It came out pretty decent, and with a few more adjustments I think it will look pretty cool going down the runway. It's times like this that make me think maybe I didn't throw the last five years away on a major I could never be successful in. You can decide for yourself.



So for the next month or so, excuse my small break in blogging. I'll keep updating as much as possible, but I can guarantee you I will be freaking out in two weeks, probably bleeding pins and needles and crying in a corner rocking back and forth. Sometimes it's rough always having to be so creative. =)

1 comment: