Saturday, April 3, 2010

Stupid Retail Question of the Day

(me: "I'm sorry, we don't have any mediums left in our stockroom.")

"So you're saying that you only stock XXL's in those pants?"

Yep. We carry medium in EVERY other item in the store except THIS ONE. This one we only carry in XXL for fun. It's just a big tease to keep you on your toes, and looks like it worked this time...gotcha!

No sir, that's not what I am saying at all. See funny thing happens here. We put these products out onto the floor, and then people come in, try them on, enjoy the way they look, and then they buy them! It's crazy! Plus sometimes, we keep the same items on the floor for over a month, and throughout that time period MULTIPLE people come in, and try things on and then buy them. And even more spooky, occasionally multiple people come in, try on, and buy the SAME thing...in the SAME size. It's clear to me that you are not familiar with the term "sold out," that's what happens when all of one item in one size disappears. So I apologize for not having the shiny spandex pants that your wife wanted so badly, but please don't address me like a child, with your attitude. It's not my fault your wife can't be original and pick something out that 500 other medium sized women haven't already bought.

No comments:

Post a Comment