Wednesday, February 3, 2010

GRE-at!

After a long, ridiculous road, I am finally graduating with my undergraduate degree in May. Phew! But now what? Well in an effort to avoid having to figure out what I want to do for the rest of my life, I am hoping to go to grad school. I actually love going to school, and I have always wanted to pursue higher education, so it's not completely a grand plan of procrastination, just something else I'll eventually get to check off my list. One day in the future, I want to earn my doctorate (yeah I must really love school) because I think it would be a great accomplishment and just be really cool to be Dr. Lauren. Okay, okay, you caught me, at least half of the reason I want to do it is because even though it will be completely unrelated to medicine, it will make me feel much more professional when I'm WebMD self diagnosing all my health issues.

In order to attend grad school you have to take a fun little $160 test called the GRE. My test date is in a couple of weeks and because I haven't taken a Math class since freshman year statistics, or a basic English class since high school, I am cramming like crazy. Fortunately, about 6 months ago, in an effort to sound smarter, I signed up for a word of the day email. So when I opened my GRE book, I gave myself a smug pat on the back for knowing more than half the popular GRE words. Now, in order to drill them into my mind I am going to project them upon you via my blog. See it's going to be educational for me AND for you! Don't say I never gave you anything...

If everything goes according to plan, I really think this is a laudable idea. Incorporating these words into my blog will be just the challenge I need to help me use them fervidly in my everyday life. While I am still learning just like you, I can’t promise that it will be lucid, but I’ll try and assuage the situation by discreetly throwing a word or two into my many paragraphs of hysterical humor and wit. That way you won’t even know you’re learning. I know what you’re thinking, how audacious of me to even attempt such a tough feat, but hey, a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do… so she does well on the GRE. Yep, here is yet another ridiculous idea of mine that only corroborates the fact that I might just be crazy…but in a good way, right?

2 comments:

  1. What are you going to grad school for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm thinking about a masters in pick pocketing.

    but if that doesn't work out, then probably family and consumer sciences.

    ReplyDelete